REQUEST FOR STUDENT INTRA-DISTRICT TRANSFER
April - 2017
The transfer of students out of their attendance areas shall be in accordance with the Northwest Local School District's intra-district open enrollment policy and administrative procedures. The application forms for the 2017-2018 school year are available at the Houston Educational Service Center, 3310 Compton Road, Cincinnati, OH 45251, beginning April 10th and must be received by 4:00 pm, April 28, 2017. Applications are to be completed by the custodial parent/guardian. Proper ID is required. Please complete an application for each student. Applications will not be accepted or processed after this deadline.
Notification letters will be mailed by June 16, 2017.
* The student must be currently enrolled in a Northwest School District school.
* Parents must be permanent residents in Northwest School District.
* Guardians must be permanent residents of Northwest School District, children must live with their guardians in Northwest School District.
* If transferred, students must attend the school of choice for the entire school year.
* Transfers are granted for one year. Parents/guardians must reapply annually.
* Transfer requests are reviewed under the following criteria:
The number of spaces available in each school is determined by building, grade and program capacities.
Student’s discipline and attendance records.
* Transfer approvals will be determined by a lottery if applications outnumber available spaces.
* Transportation to the school of choice will be provided under the following conditions:
Students must be picked up and dropped off on the regular bus routes and stops in the school of choice attendance area.
Buses serving the school of choice must have space available.
Parents must take application directly to the Transportation Department on the form received when the transfer is granted.
All questions regarding the Intra-district transfer program should be directed to Matt Piening, Enrollment Supervisor, (513)522-6700, ext. 4911.