K-8 Attendance Requirements & Expectations:
Synchronous Instruction: Virtual Instruction that students participate in at a specific time.
- Students are expected to attend all scheduled virtual sessions.
- Students are required to have their camera on, and actively participate in virtual sessions.
- School attendance will be based on attendance and participation in all virtual sessions.
- Students are expected to report on time for all virtual sessions.
- Students are required to use their district issued Chromebook for all instruction.
- Students may be asked to complete activities during virtual instruction that will be factored into their grade.
Asynchronous Instruction: Instruction or activities that students participate in at any time that they choose.
- Students are expected to complete all activities by the due date, and log the assignments on a weekly log.
- Weekly logs will factor into attendance.
In Person Opportunities: Instruction or Activities the students participate in on the Houston Campus.
- Students are welcome to participate in all offered in person activities.
- Students will be expected to follow the district Code of Conduct.
- Families are required to attend supply pickups.
- Students are required to report in person to take all standardized assessments.
- MAP Testing (Fall, Winter, Spring)
- State Testing
- COGAT (2nd & 5th Grade Only)
High School Attendance Requirements/Expectations:
- Students are required to maintain regular attendance.
- Students are required to accumulate 30 hours per week. Week runs from 12:01 am on Sunday to midnight on the following Saturday.
- Students may not accumulate more than 10 hours in any one day.
- The Edgenuity System keeps track of the hours, and Northwest Online School will pull hours directly from Edgenuity for attendance.
- Edgenuity documents idle time, and this will be subtracted from total time.
- Parents/guardians are expected to email Mrs. Kidd a copy of all documentation for excused absences within five days of the absence.