Your path to financial independence starts here!
Located in the Colerain High School cafeteria, Cardinals Credit Union (CCU) is a fully operational credit union run in partnership with COPFCU. CCU provides real-life financial experiences by enabling students to open and manage their own credit union accounts.
How do you join CCU?
It’s easy! All you need is:
Why join CCU?
- The Cardinals Credit Union kiosk is open during lunchtime Tuesday-Friday. Make deposits, withdraw money, and get help with online and mobile banking—right in the cafeteria!
- Manage your accounts anytime, anywhere, with our free access systems:
- FREE Online Banking and Bill Pay at www.copfcu.com
- FREE Mobile banking at http://m.copfcu.com
- FREE Estatements
- FREE Activity Notifications via e-mail. Be notified automatically when your paycheck is deposited, when your account falls below a certain balance, or when you’ve received a NSF Fee.
- FREE ATM/Debit Card use: Enjoy FREE ATM transactions at more than 39,000 ATMs nationwide.
- COPFCU ATMs – Enjoy free unlimited transactions at our Colerain Branch ATM, Colerain High School ATM and Northwest High School ATM
- PNC ATMs – Enjoy 6 free ATM transactions each month at any of the 15,000 PNC ATMs nationwide. Cash and check deposits may also be made to any PNC ATM that accepts deposits.
- Co-op Shared Branching and Alliance One ATMs – Enjoy unlimited surcharge-free transactions at more than 30,000 Shared Branching ATMs nationwide and nearly 5,000 Alliance One ATMs nationwide.
- With shared branching, you have access to over 35 credit union branches in greater Cincinnati, and over 5,000 in the United States. To find participating shared branches, you can use our website, www.copfcu.com, COPFCU Mobile, or www.sharedbranching.org. All you will need to use shared branching is your account number and a valid ID.
Throw for Dough and Other Perks of CCU Membership
- CCU Members have the opportunity to participate in our football and basketball Throw for Dough events. At home football games, students have 3 chances to throw a football through the hula hoop for $50.00. If the student doesn’t make it, the next Throw for Dough will accumulate, up to $500! At home basketball games, students will have a chance to win up to $50.00
- Layup: $5
- Free Throw: $10
- 3 Point: $15
- Half Court: $20 (2 chances at this one!)
- Other perks include members-only scholarship opportunities, chances to win FREE tickets to Cardinals football and basketball games, and members-only parties & activities!
If you would like to Throw for Dough at an upcoming game, please contact Robin Lynd, Student Branch Coordinator, at (513) 385-4808, or email [email protected].
Cardinals Credit Union is entirely run by Colerain High School students. Most students work 1-2 shifts per week, either during their study hall or lunch. Student interns have the opportunity to provide financial services to their peers within a real business environment. Students who work at CCU have an opportunity to:
- Experience the business profession first-hand
- Learn about finances and financial services
- Gain valuable work experience to include on job and college applications
- Meet new people and be involved in school
To learn more about working at Cardinals Credit Union, please contact Robin Lynd, Student Branch Coordinator at (513) 385-4808, or email [email protected].
Each year, COPFCU offers a scholarship to a senior from NWLSD. The scholarship is for $1,000 per year for each of four consecutive years while the recipient is a student in good standing at an accredited college or university. The award is paid directly to the recipient’s COPFCU savings account to be used for tuition and/or other expenses.
A candidate for the COPFCU Scholarship must:
- Be or become a member of the COPFCU or Cardinals Credit Union. The applicant’s account must be in good standing at the time of application.
- Be a senior, graduate from Colerain High School, and be accepted as an entering full-time, first-year student at an accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher for high school courses.
- Submit SAT or ACT test results and a transcript of your grades including GPA and class standing.
- Complete the application here.
We are excited to help you learn about the importance of money management and a healthy financial future! As you leave Colerain High School, your account and the skills you’ve learned will go with you into the next chapter of your life. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Robin Lynd, Student Branch Coordinator [email protected] (513) 385-4808 x55
Debbie Rahe, Manager, Colerain Branch [email protected] (513) 385-4808 x13