Your path to financial independence starts here!
Located inside the Colerain High School cafeteria, Cardinals Credit Union (CCU) is a fully operational credit union run in partnership with the Cincinnati Police Federal Credit Union. CCU provides real-life financial experience by enabling students to open and manage their own credit union accounts.
How do you join CCU?
It’s easy! All you need is:
- Membership Application
- Student ID & Social Security Number
- Parent ID & Social Security Number
- A $5.00 deposit
Why join CCU?
- The Cardinals Credit Union kiosk is open during lunchtime Tuesday-Friday. Make deposits, withdraw money, and get help with online and mobile banking—right in the cafeteria!
- Manage your accounts anytime, anywhere, with our free access systems:
-FREE Online Banking and Bill Pay
-FREE Mobile banking
-FREE Activity Notifications via e-mail. Be notified automatically when your paycheck is deposited or when your Freedom Checking account falls below a certain balance.
- FREE ATM/Debit Card use: Use the ATM at Colerain High School and at our branch at 3550 Springdale Rd. free of charge anytime. Use any PNC ATM free of charge up to 10 times per month.
- Shared branching gives you access to over 35 credit union branches in greater Cincinnati, and over 5,000 in the United States. To find participating shared branches, you can use our website, www.copfcu.com, our mobile app, COPFCU Mobile, or www.sharedbranching.org. All you will need to use shared branching is your account number and a valid ID.
- Overdraft forgiveness two times per year—simply let us know that you were charged an overdraft fee within 60 days and we will refund your account.
Throw for Dough (and Other Perks!)
- CCU Members have the opportunity to win $50 or more at football and basketball home games in Throw for Dough!
- Other perks include members-only scholarship opportunities, chances to win FREE tickets to Cardinals football and basketball games, and members-only parties & activities!
Want to Throw for Dough? Contact Robin Lynd, Student Branch Coordinator, at (513) 385-4808, or email [email protected]
Cardinals Credit Union is entirely run by Colerain High School students. Most students work 1-2 shifts per week, either during their study hall or lunch. Students who work at CCU have an opportunity to:
- Experience the business profession first-hand
- Learn about finances and financial services
- Gain valuable work experience to include on job and college applications
- Meet new people and be involved in school
Want to work at CCU? Contact Robin Lynd, Student Branch Coordinator at (513) 385-4808, or email [email protected]
Each year, the Cincinnati Police Federal Credit Union offers a $4,000 scholarship to a senior from NWLSD. The award is paid directly to the recipient’s COPFCU savings account to be used for tuition and/or other expenses. Check the COPFCU website for details.
- Find the application here.