NWLSD Transitions Academy: Connecting For Student Success
At Northwest Local School District’s Transitions Academy, we understand the path to success does not always look the same for all students. When a traditional academic setting is not ideal*, home school administration may refer a student for placement at Transitions Academy (TA). Students attending TA benefit from smaller staff-student ratios, a modified school day, varied instructional modalities, and individualized social-emotional-behavioral supports.
- Individualized academic learning plans developed at the start of placement
- Direct access to licensed social worker daily
- Students can still remain connected to home school and school activities
- Access to school-based resources and community supports
- Online and in-person learning experience
- Small group tutoring
- 1-to-1 Chromebooks
- And so much more...