NORTHWEST LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
REQUEST FOR STUDENT INTRA-DISTRICT TRANSFER
Intra-District Enrollment Guidelines
Application appointments for the 2022-2023 school year are available in this electronic format beginning April 1, 2022.
The transfer of students out of their attendance areas shall be in accordance with the Northwest
Local School District Intra-District enrollment policy and administrative procedures. Application appointments for the 2022-2023 school year are available in this electronic format beginning April 1, 2022. Applications will be completed by the custodial parent/guardian at their appointment time at the Transfer Office located at 3310 Compton Road (across the hall from the Enrollment Center). Applications will not be accepted after the last appointment available on April 29, 2022. Notification letters will be mailed by June 18, 2022.
* The student must be currently enrolled in a Northwest School District school.
* Parents must be permanent residents in Northwest School District.
* Guardians must be permanent residents of Northwest School District and the child(ren) must
live with their guardians in Northwest School District.
* If transferred, students must attend the school of choice for the entire school year.
* Transfers are granted for one year. Parents/guardians must reapply annually.
* Transfer requests are reviewed under the following criteria:
The number of spaces available in each school is determined by building, grade
and program capacities.
Student’s discipline and attendance records.
* Transfer approvals will be determined by a lottery if applications outnumber available
* Transportation to the school of choice will be provided under the following conditions:
Students must be picked up and dropped off on the regular bus routes and stops in
the school of choice attendance area.
Buses serving the school of choice must have space available.
Parents must take application directly to the Transportation Department on the
form received when the transfer is granted (included in the notification letter).
All questions regarding the Intra-District transfer program should be directed to Matt Piening,
Enrollment Supervisor, (513)-522-6700, ext. 4911 or Donna Parkinson, Secretary ext. 4910