Released: Monday, January 3, 2022
As many of you are aware, the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) recently adopted the CDC’s updated Quarantine and Isolation Guidelines, which shortened the number of days individuals will be required to isolate after testing positive for Covid-19 or quarantine following exposure to confirmed cases. On December 30, 2021 changes were also made to bring ODH’s K-12 Test To Play, Mask To Stay Guidelines in alignment with the CDC’s new guidance.
NWLSD Administration is currently looking over the updated guidance in order to determine the impact these changes will have on our schools as well as our students and their families. At this time, no changes will officially be made to NWLSD’s current Covid-19 Guidelines until the proper protocols are determined and are in place to support the CDC and ODH’s updated Guidance. As changes are made, we will be certain to communicate the changes to our staff, students and parents.
As NWLSD families and students return on Tuesday, January 4, 2022, we want you to be aware of the following:
- Masks are strongly recommended for all staff and students regardless of vaccination status. We ask that everyone be proactive in their approach to masking. Please note: Based on Federal guidelines, masks are still required on all District Transportation.
- If your child has been tested for Covid-19 and is waiting for test results, do not send them to school or allow them to participate in extracurricular activities until test results are received.
- Please stay home if you have been exposed to Covid-19 and/or if you are experiencing Covid-like symptoms: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nasal congestion or runny nose, vomiting or diarrhea, and skin rashes.
- Be sure to use our At Home Daily Wellness Screener to determine if your child should stay home or attend school.
- Practice Frequent Hand Washing. Please be sure to talk with your child about the importance of washing their hands on a regular basis and keeping their hands away from their face, eyes and mouth.
- Please launder your child’s personal belongings (backpacks, coats, hats, gloves, etc.) prior to returning to school and regularly throughout the remainder of the school year.