Students should be in their classroom by 8:05 AM
- Students should remain in their car until 7:40 when the doors open. There is no adult supervision prior to 7:40, so remaining in the car provides the necessary supervision.
- Cars will come down the main drive in a single line, using the Middle School parking lot as a "switchback" and then park in two rows (by the sidewalk and by the median) when they make a right turn in front of the building. A staff member is there directing traffic, please follow their guidance.
- Another staff member is at the top of the parking lot directing rows to move and when to stop. Students in the outside lane should exit their car, STAY BY THE CAR until the lead traffic director announces it is clear to move. Students in the lane by the sidewalk may exit the car as soon as it has stopped in its final waiting position in line (leaving no large gaps between cars).
Please note the car arrival line does not begin moving until soon after 7:40. Once the traffic flow begins the process moves quickly. There are many days that drop-off is continuing after 8:05. These students will not be marked tardy until you see the front doors are closed. It normally takes about 2 weeks for the traffic patterns to become a habit for all of our new families and each day the line will move more smoothly than the day before. It is imperative that all drivers remain off of their phones and have their eyes on the surrounding areas - all of our students and staff must be kept safe!
- Students should be at their bus stop ready to enter the bus in a time range of 10-15 minutes before/after their assigned time.
- Students on the bus are expected to follow all safety rules: seat on seat, feet in front, back on back while maintaining a whispered talk to their neighbor. Drivers must focus on the road to keep everyone safe so following these expectations is imperative.
- Busses will pull into the cafeteria lot and students will be dismissed from the bus by a staff member. Students are to enter the building and head straight to their assigned classroom.
Bus pick-up also takes a week or two to settle into their routine. We will have new editions to routes as enrollment continues and staffing changes which could delay the routine. Please be patient and encourage your child to follow the expectations, around being ready on time and behaving on the bus.
- Enter the building at the back of the building (by the Art Room). Doors will open at 7:40, a staff member will be there until 8:00 to ensure students are able to access the building.
- Students are to walk directly to their classroom.